Martin Kudlvasr wrote:
Ronald L Chichester wrote:
This, of course, begs the question of some 64-bit compatibility issue.
That is a possibility, but we do have a 64-bit Athalon running here used in daily development with no problems (running Ubuntu).

the problem is really 64 compatibility issue.
When I look into mkzopeinstance script:

for parts in [("src",), ("lib", "python"), ("Lib", "site-packages")]:
    d = os.path.join(swhome, *(parts + ("zope", "app", "appsetup")))
    if os.path.isdir(d):
        d = os.path.join(swhome, *parts)
        sys.path.insert(0, d)
    except ImportError:
        print >>sys.stderr, "Could not locate Zope software
this means that first of directories $PREFIX/src, $PREFIX/lib/python,
$PREFIX/Lib/site-packages (suffixed by zope/app/appsetup) is added to

BUT !!! when compiled on 64 architecture, zope compiles its files into
$PREFIX/lib64 directory, so the mkzopeinstance cannot import and fails.

I succesfully used:

for parts in [("src",), ("lib", "python"), ("lib64", "python"), ("Lib",

3.2.0-final has the same problem

I please anybody competent to fix this.

This has been reported to the collector:

My (local) fix was to make a symlink, lib64->lib, in the instance directory. This also works.

-Jim Washington