I’m trying to scope out Zope 3’s capacities.  Does anyone have a large ZODB? How big is it (in terms of objects)?  Any performance issues?   Does anyone have a very high volume site?  What kind of volume with what kind of degree of application logic?

What architectural things have affected performance?   I general we’re looking at using an RDBMS, but we’re trying to get a better feeling of when we can use the ZODB and when we should stick to the RDBMS. I like the ZODB because of it’s versioning information in particular.

We have various datasets:

  1. Transactions: 10-100 billion objects
  2. Users: 10-100 million objects
  3. Contacts: 100,000 objects