On Feb 3, 2006, at 9:32 PM, matt wilbert wrote:
I have exactly the same situation, as I am writing a network
management tool. I am using one big container and a local catalog.
Then you can slice and dice as best suits you. I also think it is
more extensible if you ever think you might add new object types.
There is also the relationships stuff in Schooltool. I haven't
needed it yet, but I was thinking it might be useful.
That's GPL, if that makes a difference to you, and designed for
intrinsic relationships. There's also
- zc.relationship, which is ZPL, relatively simple in concept,
designed for extrinsic relationships between persistent objects, and
- zope.agxassociation, which is ZPL, relatively simple in concept,
and designed for intrinsic relationships;
- zemantic, which is extrinsic, RDF-based, and designed for the full
flexibility of RDF;
- Jean-Marc Orliaguet's relationship code, which is based on
extrinsic triadic relationships, GPL, and used for CPSSkins;
- Helmut Merz's relationship code (http://svn.cy55.de/viewcvs/Zope3/
- and more, I bet!
Zope3-users mailing list