On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 06:15:45 -0000, Brad Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

By new website, do you mean a Zope 3 advocacy site, or a general
documentation site? Making a separate site for advocacy seems like
a no-brainer (ala Pythonology.org), but the documentation site is
another matter. Have the Zope 3 core developers decided to split
Zope 3 documentation onto a completely separate site? Maybe this
has already been discussed on the Zope3-dev list, which I haven't
yet looked at.

I think it's best if the documentation (esp. in the form of easy-access tutorials) is part of the advocacy. If you're advocating a development framework, the only thing that's going to sell it to developers is actual code - examples, demos, and a demonstration that there is sufficienet documentation there to make it possible for them to learn it (which includes pointers to the ++apidoc++ stuff!).

I'd say make a site that works on message, but make it possible to slot documentation in there. Also, solicit the help of the wider community - I'm sure many other people have thought about how this may work and how it'd best be presented to them.