On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 11:15 +0100, Lorenzo Gil Sanchez wrote:
How do I update the old objects and add the new attribute to them? I can
provide a default value for this attribute if that helps.
I know this is a common issue with application updates. I also know that
during the development phase the best thing I can do is remove the
Data.fs file and start again and that's what I'm currently doing. But
I'm worried about installing the application in the client machines and
two month later needing to add more fields to my content-types. If I
understand correctly one of the advantages of Zope3 is the support for
always-changing-applications. So how does it work in this particular

I think that Zope3 handles this problem through the concept of "generations".
Documentation and interfaces are available in package "zope.app.generations".