In chapter 5.4 of the cooking book, Philipp says:

[...] We could now implement a custom factory, for example one that allows us to set initial attribute values of the recipe. (We would normally extend the Recipe class with a constructor to do that, but let us implement a factory here for demonstration purposes.)

How should I write the constructor? I've tried the naive __init__ method but I must be missing something, as it doesn't get passed any argument.

For instance, I'd like to have an attribute recipe.creation_date which is editable in the addform but has as a default value.

Of course if I simply add in the class definition, it gets the time once at the start.

thanks for the help, the shiny release, the book and the appetizers. i'm getting hungry :-)