On Feb 17, 2006, at 1:42 PM, Shaun Cutts wrote:

Ok,

In AddView.update,

        self.request.response.redirect(self.nextURL())

is called, but this is not called in EditView... so change isn't as
simple as moving nextURL. However, if you put this line into
EditView.update as well as moving nextURL, then my redirect works fine.

But does this break anything else? Is there some reason why the editview
doesn't do redirect?

I have gotten offlist feedback that I'm not the only one interested in
this....

Thanks,
- Shaun

This behavior is by design.

add forms need the nextURL because it is advisory to the IAdding.

edit forms can just use the changed hook to call self.request.response.redirect('http://whereever.you.want/to/go')

Or use formlib, and be able to be fully in charge the way you'll eventually want to be.

Gary