Chris McDonough wrote:
A non-sequitur: For truly standalone packages, I suspect that people expect some form of non-executable narrative documentation to be included that ties the continued use of the package together with its implementation.

Yep. I've done a bit of work on prototyping something to make that sort of documentation testable, but it's only a hack at this point.

I suppose this is really a packaging issue, but it would be nice if
more packages in the zope namespace package were treated as "islands"
like this that could be installed separately from Zope proper.

There seems to be a trend forming to that effect. I hope it continues. FWIW, Jim really likes the idea.

[removed zope@zope.org from the cross-posting, how'd that get in there?]
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer