On Feb 21, 2006, at 8:22 AM, Joel Moxley wrote:

Hi all,

I've been developing an app, and I keep running into this problem.
Briefly, the object view loaded in my page will be one step out of
sync with a change I make on the object.  This seems to be something
very basic that I am missing, but I have not been able to find an
appropriate fix and instead rely on the simple workaround of pressing
"refresh" in my browser.

By way of an example, I have a parent container with child objects.
In the container page template view, I have a simple input form that
calls a function deleting all child objects.

        <input type="submit" name="CLEAR_ALL" value="Clear All"/>

When I press "Clear All", the new page shows the views on the old
child objects.  When I press refresh, the new page now correctly has
removed the child objects.

Can someone please give me a pointer on how to remedy this and get my
views back in sync?

This sounds like an update bug: you are rendering, or collecting some data for the rendering, before you have finished updating your data for the transaction. This is why formlib has two explicit stages, update and render. I'd think about dividing up your work in those two categories: you'll probably catch what the problem is.