Yes, more or less. But it depends what you want to do. There are a bunch of storages for ZODB, some maintained better than others. Whenever a question like this comes up, it usually turns out that people want to use a relational database with a single well-defined rectangular schema to store all Zope object data transparently, because they want to use ad-hoc queries against the data. This is hard, because objects don't necessarily have a schema that fits well into a table model, so the transparency goes away. But people have taken stabs at it (e.g. Shane Hathaway's APE). OracleStorage, OTOH, does indeed store ZODB data in Oracle, but it stores it in pickles, so it can't really be queried very effectively.

All of the ZODB things that you see for Zope 2 apply to Zope 3 as well, so you might want to search for "ZODB/ZEO programming guide", or "ZODB howto".

- C