I have a seemingly simple problem. I want to provide a web form which is emailed off on submission. I'd like to do some validation before it is emailed off.

*snip saga involving much of formlib and browser:form*

On much reflection, I think what I probably want to do is to implement an 'email form' content type, which has an address to email the form to, and a schema, and then use the formlib machinery to produce and validate a form from this. Is this the right way to go? I can't work out how I can use any of the higher-level formlib code. Will I need to render one widget at a time and do my own validation? Or is there something useful in zope.app.form?

I guess in the longer term it would make sense to make my schema persistent and based on the mutable schema implementation. How might I go about that? I did play a bit with the mutable schema utility, but I got errors when trying to add Text and TextLine fields. I also don't really understand why it's a utility anyway. Does it offer a way to edit any persistent schema?

I'm feeling very lost, I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for the all the support.

Regards,

Graham