Stephan Richter wrote:
On Friday 24 February 2006 03:43, Marco Mariani wrote:
As it is, the program does not work from chapter 7 onward

I get this on at every attempt to
display the widget:

    instance = self._widget_factory(*args)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

If I take out the <widget> tags from browser/configure.zcml, the default
widget works ok (but has a bug when I add two empty rows).

Unfortunately, not all widgets work easily with the extension mechanism. Without knowing which widget you tried to customize it is hard to help out.
I was just running the examples from Phil's book

Anyway, I'd like to understand how to write a widget that presents two (or more) <select> tags, related one to another (for instance, State and City) either dynamically via xmlhttp or by reloading the page.

Where can I find more 'custom' widgets, in particular dynamic ones?