Hi Jurgen. Thank you for moving this forward. I believe this should attract the right kind of attention. At the very least, it will focus effort on a common SQLAlchemy solution (which I am certain will have broad appeal).

Regards,
David

j.kartnaller wrote:
David Pratt wrote:

Hi Jurgen. This is good news. I was also looking at doing this over the past couple of days using SQLOS and Brian's work as the model. Can we ensure this is ZPL as in the rest of Zope.

Of course we can.

 SQLAlchemy is an important

integration for Zope. Please let me know when SVN has been set up. I am quite interested in this (and also looking at getting SQLAlchemy into Five to eliminate need for zsql in Zope2). Again Brian has code in SQLOS that should be helpful to make this happen.

I updated my implementation because of Brian's comments.
My implementation worked fine in the test programs but when running in the
threaded zope environment it failed.

I let you know when the checkout is ready.

Jürgen