I set out to help with an answer to your question this morning, and found a bug in my own code that has kept me busy all day. Thanks! Just a couple of thoughts:

Are you acquiring the request object from self? If you have a class with a function that does some processing:

def getId(self):
    id = self.request['id']

Make sure you have the request object Ok.

It is not completely clear that you are not just calling one page template from another. So a link in page 1:

could be used in page2.html like this:

Just check that that works.

HTH

Cliff

Pete Taylor wrote:
Hi all,
I must just be overlooking something, but i'm running into a
problem... (could be that it's 4:00a on a saturday morning, and i'm
writing code for work.  that alone might be my problem ;) ).

I have a url like the following:
http://localhost:8080/MyObject/activate.html?id=99999999

the trouble is, I can't seem to figure out how to get the id= bit back
from the request.  i've read the help on BrowserRequest and
HTTPRequest, and I can see that in _environ there should be a
"QUERY_STRING" associated with the request, if there are positional
arguments. however, i can't seem to get at them. request.getPositionalArguments just returns ().

basically, i've set up a two-phase registration page, where a user can
register, and a link, along with username and password, is mailed to
them.  I'd like for them to just be able to click the link, have it
hit a view that can process that link, and redirect them to the login
page.

the registration and emailing of the link works just fine.  but the
link itself won't process.  i have "activate.html" set up as a page
name for a form i built in formlib...  activate is actually the method
i want to call, but even trying the url with activate?id=9999 doesn't
do anything.

i'm at a loss for what to do next.  where should i look to figure this
out?  and does formlib even support this kind of thing, or should i be
using something else?

thanks!
Pete

--
"All guilt is relative, loyalty counts, and never let your conscience
be your guide."