Mohsen Moeeni wrote:
Looking at ICatalog interface, I could not figure out
how can I request some simple and common operations
from my catalog.

- Sorting on a field index.

- Returning the first N-th results (Hopefully without
  awakening all catalog records - if that makes any sense)

- Defining an index which indexes an objects interfaces
   i.e the output of interface.implemntedBy(ob)

While it does none of these things, you may want to take a look at the hurry.query library anyway, as it defines at least a better way (in my opinion) to query the catalog. Contributions would also be welcome, of course. :)

The hurry library can be found here:

The query part is here:

and here's the documentation: