On Apr 27, 2006, at 12:24 AM, Bernd Dorn wrote:

On 26.04.2006, at 21:16, Jachin Rupe wrote:

hi there

I am new to Zope. I have been spending the last several days reading everything I can find on Zope. So far a lot of the larger examples I've seen use zope.app.container.btree.BTreeContainer any time it is necessary to hold a bunch of other objects. Yet when I looked at the documentation for BTreeContainer it says that I probably shouldn't be using it and should be doing something else.

hm, where did you read that?

http://some-zope-installation/++apidoc++/Code/zope/app/container/btree/

i use BTreeContainer all the time as a base class of my containers and never had any problem

Thanks, that's good to know. I guess I was mostly wondering if there were any other useful implementations of IContainer that I should be aware of.

After I asked this question it occurred to me that the zope API may hold the answer if I looked at the IContainer interface page. Sure enough there was a nice list of all the classes that implement the interface. Nothing on that list jumped out at me as particularly useful but I may not know what I'm looking for. In any case I now have several implementations of IConainer to look at if I get a hankeren to.

-jachin

Assuming I know enough now to start working on a "real" project, should I be sticking with the stuff in the "persistent" package? Are there other persistent objects hiding somewhere else in the API I should be aware of?

thanks

-jachin