On May 3, 2006, at 11:51 PM, Bernd Dorn wrote:

yes, this should really be fixed up in the default implementation of formlib

because interface.Invalid has no registered multiadapter to

you have to raise a WidgetInputError

an example for such an error:

from zope.schema import Datetime,Bool,ValidationError
from zope.app.form.interfaces import IWidgetInputError

class FromGreaterThanTo(ValidationError):
    u"""From-Date is after To-Date"""

    # this is needed to adapt to a view for formlib

Well, you can raise any error from an invariant that extends...zope.interface.Invalid, maybe? The invariant interface says what is allowed somewhere in zope.interface.

...I suppose we could have a generic view for Invalid errors that simply said "This is invalid, try again"? Doesn't seem very useful to me.

You are responsible for making sure you have a reasonable exception view of an exception you raise. I'm inclined to think that this is a documentation bug at worst.