Fred Drake wrote:
Aside from legacy, why would any code being committed to the ZF
repository not be ZF code?

I maintain that checking non-ZF code to a ZF repository would be a mistake.

Also as I said before, I totally agree.  When responding to you (Fred):

No, I'm talking about people who have developed something and can't, won't, or just haven't signed a contributer agreement, but want to make the code open source and available. Instead of each and every one coming up with their own name space there could be a default, non-foundation name space for them to use.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation