Reinhold Strobl wrote:

Consider the followng example: one company has got a Zope application running on
a single server. This applications need the components of e.g. the supplier of
the component running on a different server. So I don't want to mirror both,
because the both companies are more or less independent. So I assume the only
possible is XML-RPC (with its limitations of restricted data types and so on)?

I'm not a Zope expert, but to me it sounds like you want to solve a problem with Zope, which it is not intended for. If you want to implement complex distributed scenarios use SOAP, XML-RPC, CORBA, DCOM, ... or whatever suits your needs. Then you could still implement a thin Zope utility, which wraps access to such an service, to allow easy access from within a Zope application.