Am 29.05.2006 um 14:24 schrieb Frank Burkhardt:

OK - this was a bit confusing. One more try:

I want to make an object provided one interface (IFile) always and one interface (IImage) "sometimes". Sometimes means "whenever libmagic thinks, the file is an Image". I don't want to modify any interface but only the
 object's list of provided interfaces.

So it's an additional interface. Look up the usage of "directlyProvides', with this, one can set additional interfaces on an instance. It is often used for marker interfaces. This would also be a hint for your problem, only set a marker on the file object, so that image related adapters could be used for this marked instance.

With regards,

__Janko Hauser

Janko Hauser  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              mobile: +49 1721 641552