On 6/1/06, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, the PO file format is totally independent of Zope and Python.

However, the directory structure is not independent of which i18n
implementation you have. ;) Five and Zope3 uses the same one, though:
  <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/<domain>.mo

I think Plone uses:
  <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/<domain>.po

Notice the difference, Zope3/Five requires you to compile to po files,
Plone doesn't.
CPS uses another one completely.

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 04:29, Chris Withers wrote:
> - How would I mark up constant and computers strings in zodb-based
> Python Scripts?

Mark up?

> - How do I generate .pot files from ZPTs, Python Scipts and External
> Methods? I used to use PTS' .missing functionality and just spider the
> whole app. Is something similar available in Zope 2.9/3 land?

In Zope 3 you can simply call utilities/i18nextract.py; it will extract all
message strings from Python, ZPT and ZCML files.

Last time I tried this didn't work under Five. I haven't tried Since
2.8, though.