Achim Domma wrote:

I have a content object I want to set up in a IObjectCreatedEvent event handler. I want to use the interactive interpreter to play with this, but it looks like my configure.zcml is not parsed and executed if I use placefulSetUp.

This is correct, placefulSetUp is used in unittests.

How do I have to setup my environment to test zcml configured events from command line? Basically I want to write something like

root["ws"]=Workspace() # should trigger and handle IObjectCreatedEvent
for key in root["ws").keys():
    print key

to check if the object is setup correctly.

What about starting Zope with
bin/zopectl debug
Zope starts like normal, but you get a python prompt.
There app.root() returns the root folder in the ZODB.