I have tried to go the c:\zope\bin directory and run the
zopeservice.py.  It aborts with the message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\zope\bin\zopeservice.py", line 84, in ?
    from zope.app.winservice.service import Service
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\app\winservice\service.py",
line 20,
in ?
    import pywintypes
ImportError: No module named pywintypes

Any idea on where to get the missing file???? and where to install it????

Ah, looks like you need to install the Python pywin32 extensions
first.  Any recent release should work fine:

That's actually a link to the author's page, which asks you to go to
SourceForge.  I would have given you the SourceForge link directly,
except SourceForge is dead at the moment :-( so I couldn't verify the

When SourceForge is up again, download a recent pywin32 installer and
run it.  Then try zopeservice.py again.  You shouldn't do that the way
you showed above, but the way shown in the instructions referenced

   zopeservice.py --startup auto install

Then use the Windows Services GUI to start the service, or use

   zopeservice.py start