I have found a strange behaviour with testbrowser and file objects. What
appears to happen is that the cStringIO.StringIO that I pass to the file
control in a form is converted to unicode before reaching the view
handler. This then raises AttibuteError: Unicode has no read attribute.

I have attached created a test that demonstrates this behaviour and the
catches that I needed to add to my view handler (which is code from
schoolbell csv import). I've yet to see what needs to be done if it is
an image I am trying to upload.

The README from the test package is here:

The package code can be viewed here:

Or the full test package can be obtained here:

Best regards,
Darryl Cousins