Sorry for being unprecise and a bit impatient...
I was working with Zope 3.2.0 / win32 / py2.4 (Zope-3.2.0.win32-py2.4.exe)
The wiki page you point out is the procedure I have followed so far.

UPDATE : I don't know what I have done, but now that I want to get the info you're askinf for, it works. End of the story, I guess.

Thank you anyway, and sorry again!

Tim Peters a écrit :
Nobody has encountered this problem before?
Maybe nobody runs Zope on Windows...

Probably more that nobody else has had a problem here, and can't guess
exactly what you did.  Testing Zope3 as a Windows service is a normal
part of the Zope3 release process, as described here:

You didn't say which version of Zope3 you're running, and perhaps
whoever built that specific Windows release skipped the service
testing -- can't guess.

Which version of Zope3?  Exactly what did you do to register & start
the service?  Are there relevant messages in the instance log?  In the
Windows System log?  In the Windows Application log?  What happens if
you follow the instructions in the Wiki page above?

I installed Zope3 on a Windows XP machine, and configured it as a
service. The service is properly registered, and seems to be
starting/stopping normally. Nevertheless it's not working: Zope does
not listen on 8080 (no python process listening in a netstat output),
or any other port.

The Zope3 server, started manually (not as a service), works fine.