On 8/22/06, Florian Lindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I also thought about that. But if I write an adapter from PreferenceGroup to
IUserSettings to all that the adapter would do is to assign values the values
from the PreferenceGroup to IUserSettings. Ok it's more generic but at the
end the same like assigned the values to the request itself.

As long as the adapter is trivial, it can be handled with __getattr__
and __setattr__ instead of a bunch of individual properties.  That
also allows you to deal with evolution of the IUserSettings schema
more conveniently.

Another thing this buys you is that you're only dealing with
application-level values; the widget implementations become completely
irrelevant.  Many widgets use more than one control these days; that's
something you don't need to deal with this way.

Is it okay to change self.context in the __init__ method of the view class
with a PreferenceGroup object? (I just didn't know it it's not confusing the
something in the ComponentArchitecture...)

Sounds possible, but fragile.  It should also be possible to
pre-populate the form's adapters dictionary (self.adapters).

 -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca