i have  a debian sarge 3.1
i've use the latest version  of zope by the svn
i'am using :
PostgreSQL 7.4.7 on i386-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC i386-linux-gcc
(GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)
and postgres-dev is still installed on it :

Persephone:~# apt-get install postgresql-dev
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances... Fait
postgresql-dev est déjà la plus récente version disponible.
0 mis à jour, 0 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 1 non mis à jour.

i'am truly desesperate

and the apt-get juste give me the 2nd version of zope and i want the
third one :/
and how can get the header properly ?

thanks for all

but here it's 2:23 am so i think that i will continue tomorow evening
(i'am working in 4 hours)
thanks and regards

Bussiere:

It would help a lot if you would specify exactly which operating system
you are using, and
if linux, which distribution.

For example, in Debian linux (testing or unstable), you would need to
install the appropriate
postgresql-server-dev-7.4, postgresql-server-dev-8.0, or
postgresql-server-dev-8.1 depending
on which postgresql was being used as the back-end.

Note:  at one time Red Hat and its derivatives had another problem, they
put the inlcude files
in an odd place.
See http://initd.org/tracker/psycopg/wiki/PsycopgOne
See also http://initd.org/tracker/psycopg/wiki/PsycopgTwoInstall

You may have a similar problem with mxdatetime headers.

jim

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on
08/22/2006 06:37:46 PM:

> yes but when i try to install psycop 1 it says to me :
> checking PostgreSQL version... configure: error: missing PostgreSQL
headers
> when i make a ./configure
>
> it's driving me crazy that's why i'am looking for a good tutorial for
> making it (installing zope3 and psycop)
>
> regards
> i'am desesperate
> Bussiere
>
> On 8/22/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > bussiere maillist wrote:
> > > it's been more tnah  two month that i'am trying to install zope3 and
> > > make psycopgda working with it.
> > >
> > > So if someone have a good tutorial explaining how to do that and if
it
> > > could work i'll be glad.
> > >
> > > And i'am ready to pay about 40$ (by paypal if needed) if it works, i
> > > really need it and i'am desesperate to find a solution.
> > >

> > > i've already tried this tutorials here
> > > http://dfwpython.org/Zope3Notes/PgConnectorInstall
> > > with the psycopg2 version but it says to  me :
> > >
> > > ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> > > "/Zope3/etc/package-includes/psycopgda-configure.zcml", line
1.0-1.31
> > >    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> > > "/Zope3/lib/python/psycopgda/configure.zcml", line 6.2
> > >    ImportError: No module named psycopg
> >
> > You obvioulsy need to install psycopg (I'm guessting version 1.x).
It's