I know Zope3 has great support for virtual hosting and you can easily
set it up using the Rewrite module of Apache as described here:

My problem is that my hosting provider does not allow me to create
custom rewrite rules so I need to do the same in Zope3 side.

Basically I want to change all request with the form
http://www.mysite.com/$1 to http://localhost:8080/site_folder/++vh

I guess I need to slightly change Zope publishing mechanism and I saw
IVirtualHostRoot in zope.publisher.interfaces.http. Probably calling
setVirtualHostRoot when the traversal is at 'site_folder' is what I need
but I have no clue about where should I do that.

Any help?

Thanks in advance