On Wednesday 28 June 2006 16:56, Florian Lindner wrote:
> how is the order attribute of the menuItem directive being used?
> Do elements with a lower order come first?
> What is the order of elements that have not defined one? Is is higher than
> of all others.

I do not have an answer for, you can read the code yourself. But I think I
know what is tripping you up below.

> I wonder because I have menuItem defined with order 0 (or 1) and there is
> still one item above it which has not even order defined.

The menu items are sorted by interface specifity first and then by the order
attribute as far as I remember. But just have a good look at:

The docs there actually say:

        # Now order the result. This is not as easy as it seems.
        # (1) Look at the interfaces and put the more specific menu entries
        #     to the front.
        # (2) Sort unabigious entries by order and then by title.

Stephan Richter