Le mercredi 06 septembre 2006 à 06:54 -0400, Stephan Richter a écrit :
On Tuesday 05 September 2006 11:10, Christophe Combelles wrote:
> 2) utf-8 error in i18nfile
> --------------------------
> Why do I always get an error when I try to add some utf-8 text into an
> i18nfile? I just add an i18nfile in the ZMI, then I chose a name and I set
> the contentType to "text/plain;charset=utf-8". If I enter some text with
> accents like "éàôî", I get a system error which says : UnicodeDecodeError:
> 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: ordinal not in
> range(128).
> I don't get any error with a simple File object.

Okay, I18n file is a demo that is probably not well-developed. Don't use it. I
will propose to not distribute it anymore. Noone is using it, so you are on
your own finding the problem and providing a patch.

I had the same problem in my french site where we use many accentuated characters.
The solution I use until now is just to switch my Python interpreter to use "UTF-8" as default encoding, via the "site.py" file of my Python distribution...

  Thierry