Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
Stephan Richter wrote:
On Tuesday 12 September 2006 07:38, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
But I have the feeling this can be done more elegantly. I did notice
something in this direction in zope/app/dav/configure.zcml, but I'm not
sure this actually helps. It could be I overlook something very very

you have two choices:

1. Implement HTTP verbs as methods. See the resources implementation. zope.app.publisher.browser

2. Register some view having the method name as the view name. See SchoolTool's REST implementation, for example, schooltool.person.rest.

Hi Stephan!

The first option would work just fine for me indeed.

Out of curiosity though, I wonder about the second option:

I *think* to understand that for this option to work, z.a.publication.http.HTTPublication must be used for handling requests (instead of z.a.publication.browser.BrowserRequest), right?

At least you'd want your publication to look up views like the HTTPPublication, yes.

You probably want to implement your own publication that works on browser requests but immitates the HTTPPublication behaviour (though probably only in some cases, I assume). Custom publication/request factories can be registered with the 'publisher' ZCML directive:

      methods="GET POST"

Factories with higher priorities will be called first. They can decide whether they want to handle a request based on the (CGI) environment of the request. If they decide not to handle, the next factory takes over. The fallback is the browser factory, then the HTTP factory. See z.a.publication/configure.zcml.