KLEIN Stéphane wrote:
2006/9/29, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
KLEIN Stéphane wrote:
> 2006/9/29, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>

>> KLEIN Stéphane wrote:
>> > I don't understand why Field.default type is Field ?
>>
>> What else do you suggest?
>>

> NoneType

To express what?

> or Object

Object requires an interface that the object should provide. Default
values don't necessarily have to conform to an interface.

Simply, if I do :

myfield.default = u"foobar"

u"foobar" isn't Field type but String.

Field just specifies an attribute. A string is just as good for an attribute as anythign else.

Then I don't understand why default type is Field.

Because the default type is arbitrary.

Well, I know, Python isn't typed language... therefore it's working.

Python is a strongly, dynamically typed language.