Good morning,

I’m getting a UnicodeDecodeError during the display of a ZPT and I’m not sure how to get rid of it.  I know the problem is related to the fact that we are trying to display text that contains characters above the 128 range.  We are displaying information from a database and unfortunately our users have putting non-Unicode characters in.  We would be glad to just strip out the non-compliant characters, but I am not sure how.  Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

  File "/usr/share/zope3/lib/python/zope/tal/", line 770, in do_insertStructure_tal

    text = unicode(structure)

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 739: ordinal not in range(128)

Corresponding TAL code:

            <a>Password Sent</a>

David Johnson