Benji York escribió:
Benji York wrote:
[a mixture of truth and pre-caffeine insanity]

I suspect my problem may be a configuration issue in my PAU

It sounds like it; make sure you have the "No Challenge if Authenticated" plugin enabled.

My suggestion above makes no sense at all. :)
:) I already tried with "No Challenge if Authenticated" but nothing changed, still asks AD on every GET.
I like your original idea of finding a way to cache the fact that a user is authenticated. I'd like to see a plugin that stores that information in a session, that way the plugin could be used with zc.winauth or any other credential mechanism.
I know nothing about PAU architecture... yet ;) If you, or some other PAU experts, could give some suggestions how to wire such a thing with zc.winauth and PAU, I would be grateful
We had some similar performance problems and I was able to re-configure the server on-which Zope was running such that the authentication was much faster. I wish I remembered the details, hopefully Google and MSDN will be helpful.
Even if I could be able to reduce auth time to, say, one second, I'm afraid there still might be a problem with pages having more rich content - GET of every picture will be authenticated, so it still may be too much lag... but I'll try.

Thanks !