On Oct 30, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

All the zc packages should be up-to-date. In the Lovely projects we use zc.relationship, even though it is much more complicated than it should be.

That seems unnecessarily derogatory. :-) But I know where you are coming from.

As the author, I'd say "more low level than most people want". The low-level interface--the index--is precisely what I needed for the projects for which it was developed.

The containers in the relationship package were experiments at a more friendly wrapper. Other friendly wrappers that constrain the capabilities in exchange for the greater ease of use found in packages like the zc.schooltool code have been threatened by others. That would be great.

Meanwhile, I am as sure as I can be without having used it myself that the zc.schooltool relationship package is easier to use for common use cases. If you need something more flexible, you may want to look at the zc.relationship index.