Chris and Jurgen,

thanks so much for your replies.

I have to apologize, it was so simple. The url I gave to the engineUtility was wrong ! It had 3 (three) slashes !

it was 'mysql:///...'  while it had to be 'mysql://..:'

That's it.

Yesterday evening I was able to make it work, create tables, populate them and query them.

probably, with wrong or invalid urls the machinery for the connecton tries with a standard url, which happens to be '[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc'

Well, thanks so much anyhow.

I'm considering to use Zalchemy to provide a file system like access (ftp or web dav) to an existing database.

The database is from a phpbms installation and I don't like the user interaction of javascript based stuff.

In the Zope book there's an example of giving an ftp like access to a bbs made with Zope.

If I'll be able to map my database to some Zope objects, I'll then try to extend that example to represent my stuff.

I don't know wether to use rtf models with values taken from the database pasted in them or Xml or restructured text (I heard about it but I don't know exactly what it is).

Now, it's early. But I think I'll come here to ask for help some more times, so you'll be kept informed about my progress ;-)

Thanks people
Bye
Catonano