Dear zope experts,

In my zope based application, I want to do some periodic actions. I couldn't find out any timer kind of facility in zope. I was thinking that I could start a thread in the beginning which would work as a timer and create an event on periodic basis. Different subscribers to the event would then be activated which would carry out their piece of work.
I would like to have a clean close up of this thread when zope shuts down. But I couldn't find out how to do that.
Is there some way to setup some tear down cleanup operations in my application?

Thanks for your help.

With regards,