      menu="zmi_views" title="Upload"
      for="zope.app.file.interfaces.IFile"
      template="file_upload.pt"
      class=".file.FileUpload"
      permission="zope.ManageContent"
      />

Is it possible, and if, how?
Hi Sascha,
I think if you name your page (editform) 'upload.html' rather than
'editmyfile.html' it will effectively override the base view.
I suppose so, but what if I don't want to replace it, just wanna get rid of it?

Don't know whether you can - other than a work around, eg. override it
(overrides.zcml) perhaps with a new permission.

This sounds like the first "in the wild" case of something I've been looking for in zcml since day 1: the ability to "turn off" directives that have been made elsewhere...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk