On Dec 4, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Robert Hicks wrote:

I have search a bit on GOOGLE and didn't find anything. I was wondering if there was a GUI for ZODB (like TOAD for Oracle or similar)?

Robert

since in the zope format there is rarely plain text in the ZODB (just objects), reading the "file hierarchy" would require you to know which objects were containers and which weren't. To examine the contents you'd have to instantiate the object, which would probably require classes the view doesn't have. Although the ZODB has file- system type properties when using PersistentDictionary, the inclusion of scads of different object types renders it unusable except in the target system.

This statement forms a theory of mine at the least, if anyone wants to add/correct it, that's fine by me (thanks even).

 james