Florian Lindner wrote:
Hello,
I have some local utilites registered. Now I try to call them from a function that don't have a context:

    utils = getUtilitiesFor(INewsfeed)
    for i in utils:
        print "Utility called:", i.__name__
        i.sendNotification()

but that always deliver no utilities. How do get them without supplying a context. (the function is called regularly from a scheduler object, therefore it needs to be static)

You need to have traversed over the site that contains the local utilities first, before they can be found. If this function is called outside a request context, use zope.app.component.hooks.setSite(site_obj) to manually set the site.

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!