On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:28:09PM -0400, Alec Munro wrote:
> Hi List,
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to integrate Zope with
> /etc/passwd? PAM was suggested, but I don't know too much about that.
> I suppose I could probably write my own, but I would prefer to avoid
> that if possible.
> Anyone have any experience with this? It seems like it's probably a
> fairly common requirement.

I had to integrate our local NIS domain into Zope3. So I wrote a PAU-Plugin
which receives passwd-style data via XMLRPC (client-script is included).

I don't know, how useful this is for your site, because this plugin is
rather tightly integrated into my own project (MpgSite).

SVN-Url: mpgsite: https://svnserv.cbs.mpg.de/svn/edv/EDV/mpgsite
The package name is 'mpgsite.users', the file you're probaly looking for
is 'mpgsite/users/passwd.py' . Each PasswdPrincipalInfo object contains
one line of the passwd.