On Jan 25, 2007, at 6:09 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <ksmith93940- [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Whoa, really bad line breaks, here is the pastbin link

http://zope3.pastebin.com/867518

Thanks, Kevin. I've modified the test you wrote, made it pass, and committed it (revision 72232).

The answer is that you need to have choice fields bound; and the way you bind fields is to have `getFieldContext` return the value to be bound. You only need this for context-bound fields: only Choice fields, and collection fields that use them, AFAIK.

The common case is that you just want to return the item, which is what I did in the example. There are many other possibilities, though--we use this for some funky aggregated search results, if I recall correctly, for instance.

I hope the test changes make clear what you need to do. Thanks for improving this!

Gary