Alex Furlong wrote:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 08:31:52PM +0100, Dominique Lederer wrote:
can someone explain me please when to use browser:view and when browser:page?

As far as I understand, the intended use of <browser:page> is to define
views that are accessible to browsers by using URLs.

... which is what we sometimes define as a browser page :).

The intended use of <browser:view> is to define helper views that are
accessible to page templates in TALES expressions like
tal:attributes="href context/@@absolute_url".

Thanks Marius for the nice explanation. Of course, the question
remains why a view is named 'page' and an other kind of view is named
'view'.

A view is a general component that takes a context and a request. Not all views have to be publishable as browser pages. The naming makes sense in these terms.

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5