On 2/13/07, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 13 February 2007 04:51, David Johnson wrote:
> I'm trying to understand this situation also since we face it
> frequently. The PAU has a Group Folder which works well in this
> regard. Would the idea of extending Groups in the PAU to include any
> person in the ldap directory be useful? It seems this would be
> easier and more flexible.

That's what I would do. I think LDAP permissions/roles/groups map best to our
concept of groups. To implement a group folder that gets its groups from LDAP
should not be that hard, given the existing ldappas implementation.

Stephan Richter

Hi All,

Thanks to all your excellent advice, I have gone ahead and extended
the existing Group folder to automatically import and periodically
synchronize it's groups with an LDAP directory. The functionality is
currently a bit crude, but it gets the job done. I'm talking to my
employer about open sourcing it, would anyone here be interested in