Hi,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 12:57:35PM +0000, Alek Kowalczyk wrote:
> Tom Dossis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> I have another issue with IntIds and NotYet:
> I have some BTreeContainer-derieved object which is short-living container.
> It is never stored in ZoDB
> - it is just a result of some query to external system.
>
> It worked fine until I enabled IntIds utility.
> Now I get NotYet when adding anything to my container -
> because IntIds tries to attach Id to it anyway.

It tries that, because it's handler is called by the container's __setitem__
method. Just write your own - like that:

class MyContainer(BTreeContainer):
   def __setitem__(self,key,object)
      object.__parent__=self
      object.__name__=key
      self.__data[key]=object

   def __delitem__(self,key):
      del self.__data[key]

(Not testet!)

However, you might not need a BTreeContainer but just a simple
BTrees.OOBTree.OOBtree which behaves like a dict but is a btree.

Regards,

Frank