On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 16:18 +0100, Thierry Florac wrote:
>   Hi,
> I have several formlib.form.AddForm subclasses in which I've created a
> custom Action via "@action(...)".
> My problem is that I'd like to be able to launch some of these actions
> (but not all of them, it's "action specific") without executing
> automatic formlib controls (actually, for example, even a simple
> "Cancel" button which should just redirect the browser actually raises
> an exception when required fields are missing).
> Any help ?
> Thanks,
>   Thierry Florac

Hi Thierry,

I implement cancel buttons for formlib like this (probably came from
somewhere but I forget where)::

def always_good(form, action, data):
    """Helper for actions - will always validate - useful for cancel
        return []

class MyAddForm(form.AddForm):
    @form.action(_("Cancel"), validator=always_good)
    def handle_cancel(self, action, data):