A novice working thru World Cookery in Philipp von Weithershausen's book. I would appreciate any comments. I think my question is about eggs!
1. I have PYTHONPATH set as follows
2. I have the worldcookery site running under a Zope3 instance named
Zope3Instance. I can succesfully run the workdcookery site from sample code
say for example chapter 6.
3. When I run debugzope from within the Zope3Instance it is not surprising that I can't import a module which appears first in the book until a later chapter. For example the 'size.py' adapter that is introduced in ch11.
macosxG5:~/Zope3Instance thisuser$ ./bin/debugzope
>>> from worldcookery.size import RecipeSize
ImportError: No module named size
4. If I start python from home I can import any worldcookery module from
the entire workdcookery code even though I have not loaded that module into the Zope3Instance worldcookery folder!
macosxG5:~ thisuser$ python
Python 2.4.4 (#1, Oct 18 2006, 10:34:39)
>>> from worldcookery.size import RecipeSize
5. If Il make an error the traceback refers to a
'worldcookery-2.0.1-py2.4egg' file which I downloaded but didn't think I was using!
This example from ch22:
>>> info = MemberInfo('sloppy_joe')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/ python2.4/site-packages/worldcookery-2.0.1-py2.4.egg/worldcookery/ memberinfo.py", line 26, in __init__
6. What's happening here?
Is this the way eggs work?

George Wright