Aleksander Kowalczyk wrote:
On 4/19/07, *Marius Gedminas* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 11:20:07AM +0200, Aleksander Kowalczyk wrote:
     > I think I have similar problem with action renderer: I would like
    to attach
     > a javascript handler for my action button.
     > Unfortunately the renderer seems to not allow to pass any additional
     > attributes for the html button (like onclick attribute).

    Yes.  I recently needed to add a CSS class to an action button (in Zope
    3.2 -- there's no time to port to 3.3/3.4 because Customers Demand
    Features).  In the end I subclassed zope.formlib.form.Action and made
    render a regular method that did what I wanted it to do.

     > Leonardo,
     > you mentioned about overriding the renderer adapter. This could
    also solve
     > my problem, if possible. How to do that?

    Reading zope/formlib/namedtemplate.txt might help.  You either have to
    use ZCML overrides, or subclass zope.formlib.form.Action (or
    attach marker interfaces to its instances, although that might not work
    given its copy-on-__get__ descriptorish behaviour).

Can I somehow override this directive (from formlib/configure.zcml) in my instance's etc/overrides.zcml ?
  <adapter factory=".form.render_submit_button" name="render" />

Sure you can. That's what ZCML overrides are for.