I would like to create utility instances that are local to annotation instances. Each utility would be valid only within the scope of the related annotation.

The specific case is uuids for atom feed entries. We have annotations representing feeds and I would like my uuid utility to be local to the feed annotation, thus recording and making available uuids only for entries in that feed. See http://www.openplans.org/projects/vice/uuids-in-atom for more details and an architectural diagram.

FYI, an object can be syndicated in more than one feed. Thus, for feed X, I want to look up the uuid associated with object a for feed x; for feed y, I would want the *different* uuid associated with object x (same object) for feed y.

However, I am not sure I can turn an annotation into a site and, even if I can, am not sure that's what I want to do.

Comments? Suggestions?