David Pratt wrote:
Hi Hermann. Thanks for your reply. Haven't quite decided on this but I've got things to try that might be more efficient than xmlrpc.

I'm likely to attempt an authentication server with web service style SSO at this point though OpenId is attractive. I don't know if anyone has made a plugin yet for z3 for OpenId but I might try this.

Wiggy has written a PAS plugin for OpneId support in Plone

  http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.openid/trunk/

which may serve as a starting point if you are interested.

Raphael

I am not sure how OpenId handles different contexts for users at this point (for example being a user at a worksite, and then a public user) though but I will be experimenting with it regardless. Many thanks.

Regards,
David